Attestation of Civil Documents
Attestation of civil documents like:
Driver license, PAN form, Bank statement, Passport copy, Visa copy etc.
Consular Officer reserves the right to reject attestation of documents which are objectionable or contrary to the rules. Applicant has to mention the purpose of attestation. Documents submitted by foreign nationals will be attested only if the document is required to be submitted for a transaction in India or it originates from India.
In the case of US nationals, their signatures should be first attested by the Authentication Division in the State Department before submission of attestation at the Consulate. Other foreign nationals should get their signatures on the document attested first by their respective Embassy/Consulate.
We encourage receiving the Applications through post. Applications received through post will be serviced in 3-5 business days.
- Completed application form for "Attestation of Civil Documents" with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
- Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
- Applicant's valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages). Each copy should be in a separate paper.
- Copy of valid Visa/Green Card for Indian citizens and for other citizens of Indian origin attach a copy of their OCI card/PIO card/Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement).
- In case of attestation of Degree Certificate, the original certificate needs to be submitted with the application.
- Fee $10 per attestation and $2 for ICWF per application.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a seperate cashier’s check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted.