Attestation of Surety Bond for Statement of Need(SON)
New Guidelines for Grant of Statement of Need Certificate and Exceptional Need Certificate
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi have issued new Guidelines, according to which, henceforth, No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) would not be issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOH&FW) under any circumstance.
As per the new guidelines, applications for extension of Statement of Need Certificate (SON) and Exceptional Need Certificate (ENC) to Indian Medical doctors shall be processed only by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi.
A link to the Instructions on their website is placed below:
Guidelines, Application Form, Bond Proforma, etc. relating to submission of application for Statement of Need (SON) OR Exceptional Need Certificate (ENC)
Applicants may approach the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare at the following address:
Under Secretary (IC)
International Cooperation Section
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
(Department of Health & Family Welfare)
Room No. 514, 'A' Wing
Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi 110 011, India
Phone: (011-91-11) 2306-3068/2306-1945
Fax: (011-91-11) 2306-1262
- Completed application form for "Attestation of Surety Bond for Statement of Need(SON)" with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
- Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
- 2 copies of Surety Bond (Annexure 1 & Annexure A.)
- Applicant's valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
- Copy of valid Visa.
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement).
- Notarized copy of the contract with the Hospital / Institute on the standard Agreement Form with a letter from the Program Director on the official letter head with seal and contact telephone number.
- Written Assurance [Form].
- A copy of bio-data with address, telephone number, e-mail address / fax number.
- Fee $10 for Bio-data, $20 for Bond and $2 for ICWF.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a seperate cashier’s check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted.