Police Clearence Certificate:
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be issued after confirmation of applicant’s Police Verification Records (PVR) from the system of the Consulate. In the absence of PVR status in the system, the case will be referred to the concerned authorities in India for clearance.
Fee once paid will not refunded even when the service is not approved.
We encourage receiving the Applications through post. Applications received through post will be serviced in 3-5 business days subject to clearence.
- Please fill up the application for PCC online at the portal: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html by registering through “Register” link and loging-in through “User Login” link. Please download the filled-in application and submit it at the Consulate duly signed and photograph affixed along with the documents mentioned below.
- Duly filled-in, photograph-affixed and signed Personal Particulars Form.
- Applicant's valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
- Copy of valid Visa/Green Card for Indian citizens and for other citizens of Indian origin attach a copy of their OCI card/PIO card/Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement) any one of the document.
- Fee $25 and $2 for ICWF.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a seperate cashier’s check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted
How to apply by non-Indian passport holders:
Applicants holding non-Indian passports may download the "Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)", fill it up carefully, affix recent passport size photograph and submit it at the Consulate along with the documents mentioned from Sl. No.2 onwards of the above tables. Such applicants should provide complete details of their stay in India, including date/month/year of their stay with complete residential/official addresses.