What's New What's New

Know India Programme

Know India Programme: Overview

Know India Programme is an initiative of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India aimed to connect the Indian diaspora youth all over the world in the age group 18-30 years with their motherland. Launched in December 2003, Know India Programme (KIP) is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth conducted with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in contemporary India.

As a part of the programme, the applicants finalized through the selection process visit India for a 21-day schedule. 90% of the cost of international airfare in respect of KIP participants visiting India is borne by theMinistry, while the remaining 10% is borne the applicants themselves. During the period of their stay in India, the Ministry provides for their accommodation, meals (including breakfast, lunch and dinner) and domestic transportation by road/ air.

During the period of their stay in India, the KIP participants are given insights to understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various key sectors. Further, they are also provided exposure to India’s history and heritage by visiting places of historical and cultural significance. The Ministry also facilitates their interactions with students and professionals from various fields; along with arranging for meetings and call on visits with senior officials and leadership. The KIP participants are also taken for a 7–10-day state visit to one or more Indian states as a part of the Programme.

The Ministry has successfully arranged 65 editions of Know India Programme until 2022-23. In 2023, the programme has been revamped to reflect elements of ‘New India’ and the vision of ‘Amrit Kaal’, with focus on highlighting sectoral developments in S&T, IT, Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Startup ecosystem, Digital infrastructure, India Stack, JAM trinity, Defence and Agriculture while further highlighting cultural and civilizational heritage of India like Yoga, Ayurveda, classical dance forms & music and archaeological history.

KIP provide a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with the contemporary India.

New Editions of the Know India Programme (KIP) are here. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the 68th-75th editions of the Know India Programme (KIP) for the year 2023-2024.

For more details, please visit https://www.kip.gov.in/ for more information on new editions of the Know India Programme (KIP).