Miscellaneous Consular Services Miscellaneous Consular Services

Sworn Affidavit for issue of child's passport in India

If one or both of the parents are abroad and application for passport of minor child is to be submitted to RPO in India by one parent or authorized person, a consent letter/affidavit attested at the Consulate needs to be submitted along with the application.

Required documents:

  1. 1.Completed application form for "Sworn Affidavit for issue of child's passport in Indiaicon-image  with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
  2. 2.Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
  3. 3.Applicant's valid passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
  4. 4.Copy of valid Visa/Green Card.
  5. 5.Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement).
  6. 6.Copy of spouse passport.
  7. 7.Copy of child's birth certificate with both the parents name on it.
  8. 8.Original and copy of sworn affidavit icon-image  duly notarized.
  9. 9.Fee $10 and $2 for ICWF.
  10. 10.Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a seperate cashier's check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
  11. 11.Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
  12. 12.If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted.